UL’s multimodal content education ecosystem
To drive postgraduate applications to the University of Limerick; increase awareness of UL’s USPs for its postgraduate offering; reach, engage and convert audience segments; build attendance at UL PG events; and maximise the opportunity for UL to get front of mind ahead of competitor universities.
A relatively new university, UL faced stiff challenges in its postgraduate drive: its website was difficult to navigate, its analytics hadn’t been set up, it didn’t use email marketing, and its faculties were siloed.
UL needed to unify its channels to compete, with a custom-built postgraduate hub and pivot to HubSpot for an integrated inbound marketing campaign.
Key campaign pieces included:
- The custom-built graduate school hub, housing student stories, tips, and useful information
- Campaign videos, ebooks, and blogs to roll out in an omnichannel strategy across social, PPC, and digital.
- A concentrated social push on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram Stories.
- The development of multiple conversion points via landing pages for student self-identification to nurture prospective applicants in 32 bespoke email workflows.
- Detailed analytics to inform and tweak the campaign at macro and faculty levels across all touchpoints.
- 3 million reach.
- 13 million impressions.
- 100,000 video views.
- 5% engagement rate across social.
- 4,487 leads driven from the downloads: including individual faculty prospectuses, overall prospectus, the no-regrets guide.
The results showed an increase of 25% above target for the year, with the campaign driving €1.6 million in revenue.
Above all else, the postgraduate application process was simplified; the journey was made clear; and inbound is set to revolutionise how UL attracts and converts students well into the future.
The University of Limerick (UL) is based on the southwest of Ireland. Founded in 1972, UL has over 15,000 students, one fifth of which are international.