Roomex sends its old brand packing
Winner: 2019 Best Content Marketing Award – Travel with the Irish Content Marketing Awards
Roomex strives to make booking business hotels simple while keeping an eye on saving customers money. To separate itself in a fiercely competitive market, Roomex committed to an inbound marketing strategy that was kicked off with a full brand refresh in 2018.
The primary desired outputs of this activity are two-fold:
- To fuel lead generation for the sales team (MQLs, SALs and pipeline growth)
- To increase the overall domain authority and recognition of the Roomex brand.
256 worked with the Roomex senior team to identify and map out a campaign strategy that would help the company reimagine its entire content marketing strategy from the ground up. We began with the end in mind, so the strategy is firmly focused on the organisation’s business goals.
256’s work has predominantly been focused on five areas:
- Shaping the long-term approach to content marketing, via a documented content marketing strategy.
- Ongoing expert support on all aspects of content marketing strategy and delivery.
- Creative thinking and ideas for hygiene (essential, must-have content), hub (pain-point driven content) and hero (big rock assets, to drive MQLs) content.
- Copy creation and design for the blogs, social media amplification and longer-form content assets within the above strategy.
- Central management of all content related activity via HubSpot.
Before diving into inbound marketing, 256 designed and launched a new website – complete with all new branding – for Roomex.
The last six months of 2018 were devoted to:
- Research, interviews and persona building for three targets.
- Auditing and updating Roomex’s existing marketing assets.
- Running a gap analysis to determine what it lacked in content for its audience.
- Creating a documented content marketing strategy from scratch.
- Participating in content ideation with the pre-sales, account management teams and senior leadership to understand where there was a need for educational assets.
- Developing supporting social media content to promote any content that was either previously created or a new asset.
- From there we set out with a plan to create blogs, eBooks and case studies for Q1 2019. This resulted in:
- 14 new blogs.
- 6 blogs rewritten.
- 3 eBooks.
- 3 brand videos.
- 2 case studies designed.
- 22 emails created and 29,587 emails sent.
- 37 email workflows and 146 contact lists.
- 5 website CTAs.
Roomex completely reinvigorated its marketing strategy by working with 256. Its new website was the face of change, while all the work done under the hood drove big results.
During the seven weeks after the initial launch of the website and the marketing campaigns that followed, our paid social and search tactics (SEM, Facebook and LinkedIn) were able to produce the following:
- 6 million campaign impressions.
- 20,859 clicks.
- 150 conversions/contacts.
- 71 ads created (including text ads).
We generated an ROI of 4,455% from paid search alone.
“We’ve been absolutely delighted to have worked with 256 over the past year. Their team has been instrumental in helping us through our rebrand, new website launch and scaling our marketing activities to meet the demand that comes with a VC-backed company in hyper-growth mode. 256 have been our partner as we have set up a new demand generation marketing operation, and we’re really happy with the results of it all.
Lia Bresnihan, VP Marketing, Roomex
Roomex is an international leading provider of business hotel booking software. The company strives to get clients the most affordable rates for their workforces.