Free digital marketing moolah? Er, yes please!
Did you know that Irish people spend just under €6 billion per year online and that it’s estimated that a massive 60-70% of these purchases are done in overseas markets? What’s more, only 23% of small Irish businesses use eCommerce in any meaningful way. What’s happening Ireland, where’s the digital self-love?
The government (God bless them) are trying to do something about this
The Department of Communications, Energy & Natural Resources (DCENR) kicked off an Online Trading Voucher Scheme, teaming up with the Local Enterprise Offices, it aims to deliver a fantastic opportunity to Irish businesses at a local level. The National Digital Strategy is offering small businesses the opportunity to develop their website or digital marketing strategy by availing of vouchers of up to €2,500 or 50% of eligible expenditure (Net of VAT), whichever is the lesser, with the aim of getting 2,000 small businesses trading online by the end of 2015 .
“But I already trade online, what good is this to me?”
The answer? Lots. Simply having a system in place for online trading isn’t enough. You need marketing, digital marketing, as James Bond might say. SEO, social media marketing, email marketing, blogging – all of it!
After all, what use is a website that can’t be found?
1000 vouchers will be available for qualifying businesses through the network of 31 Local Enterprise Offices (LEOs) between now and the end of 2014 with more on offer next year.
So what exactly can the free digital marketing voucher be used for?
- Implementing a digital marketing strategy i.e. Content marketing or social media marketing
- Consultation with ICT experts for early stage adopters of online strategy
- Development or upgrade of an e-commerce website
- Implementing online payments or booking systems
- Purchase of Internet related software
- Purchase of online advertising (this purchase cannot make up any more than 30% of approved Voucher costs and can only be drawn down in one payment phase)
- Developing an app (or multiplatform webpages)
- Training/skills development specifically to establish and manage an on-line trading activity
- IT consultation
Now that’s a list we can get behind! And here at 256 Media we do all things digital marketing 🙂 See the Online Trading Vouchers Scheme on the Local Enterprise website for full details. Let’s get digital!
If you’re looking to develop a content marketing strategy to attract and retain customers, sign up for our updates below or get in touch for a free 1 hour content consultation.